Thursday 14 July 2022

Kate, Vinicius von Meerschaum and Jake the Snake

This is Kate, I met her the other day at a theatrical venue. We had coffee and I learned her amazing story I feel I just must share.

Kate is a marvelous model, a talented actor, a fantastic singer, a skilled dancer and she is also a poet and a composer. Since she was very young, she knew two things: that she was not like anybody else and that she could smell things others could not (extreme Hyperosmia). What she did not know is that her superb physical body houses three distinct personalities completely unaware of each other in a severe case of Dissociative Identities. Besides the Kate I met, sweetest kid you ever saw, I also met Vinicius von Meerschaum, the best taxidermist in Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil who won the gold medal at the 1894 exhibition for his "Cayman kills Tapir" and Yasha Zmeyanski who is a prep cook at Gogol Club at Stoleshnikov Lane 11, in Moscow. Yasha wears a black T-shirt that reads "Jake the Snake" and, in his spare time, with his uncle Pasha, is an assassin for hire. 
While Kate and I talked about music, art and theatre, her face suddenly changed and in a low voice, in perfect Russian, asked for more carrots and beets for the soup. After about a minute, her eyes turned from brown to green (but not completely). She said that somebody near by has used Bowman's Lavender Scented Soap containing Goat Milk, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Palm Oil, Essential Oil and Lye within the last twelve hours. When I asked how she knew, she just made a face and that's when I took her picture.

2 comments:

  1. DID you say ! The first person SHE is a great one , add two more of HE and all together an extraordinary incarnation. I am very jealous of Hyperosmia as well as the imaginative/humorous description of all three personalities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valentin Lazar16 July 2022 at 23:03

    A fascinating woman, this Kate! Very well put into words!👏👏

    ReplyDelete