Tuesday 3 July 2018

Bubu and Mumu

This is a short play I wrote about the daily life of our prisoners.
Mumu - a walker;
Bubu - a talker;
Cucu, Bubu's mother (has no lines)
In a museum near you ...

Bubu (reading from a brochure in a loud voice, with didactical intonation): "... and then, in the early part of the Cinquecento ..."
Mumu (interrupting in a harsh tone): "Do you have to read that loud?"
Bubu (irritated): "That is how my voice is!"
Mumu (also irritated): "Can't your mother read for herself?"
Bubu (even more irritated): "No! My mother cannot read for herself!"
Mumu (also even more irritated): "Just keep it down!"
Bubu (even more even more irritated): "You keep it down, you ruined my day"
Mumu (also even more even more irritated): "You ruined my life!"
Cucu pulls Bubu away, exeunt.



2 comments: