Monday 30 July 2018

Lila Ma Uvelian

This is Lila (Ma) Uvelian in her pop-up store on Isola Madre, on Lago Maggiore ... she called it Lavanda Del Lago (wouldn't put it past clever Lila, to have made a play on "Lady of the Lake").  It is a souvenir store with a theme ... Lavender-Violet ... color-wise. It smells violet, it looks violet and it tastes violet too. Lila is an exceptionally pleasant young girl with a sweet voice, sunny disposition and great people skills. She runs the store more to meet people and talk, to exchange ideas and impressions about life and the universe rather than for commercial profit ... she does alright though. For a while, I couldn't figure why she stayed so deep in her, relatively dark, store until she stepped out into the light and I saw (more ... felt) the color of her hair. My head started spinnig, my throat choked and I floated into the air upside down seeing things down-side-up snapping mouthfuls of air as if most deliciously high ... couldn't decide if this was pleasant or not but I knew two things: it was dizzily nauseating and I did not want it to stop. After a while, I came to and went to take the boat to Stresa, but kept craning my neck looking back.      

1 comment: