Sunday 8 July 2018

Fiela Lomba-Linhares do Fosco

This is Fiela (Fielita) Lomba-Linhares do Fosco from Coroado, Manaus, Brazil. She lives on R. Treze de Maio, just a two-minute walk to her church. I met her in Fiesole on the way to the enchanted fourteenth century "Convento di San Francesco" where Fielita wanted to see a sculpture made by Margot Einstein (Albert Einstein's daughter).  It broke my heart to tell her (she would have cursed me if her Seventh Day Adventist fate wouldn't forbid cursing) that Margot was an adopted daughter. Wait, it gets worse: (I just cannot keep my stupid mouth shut) told her that Albert married Elsa (Margot's mother) who was his first cousin (their mothers were sisters) on top of which Albert's and Elsa's fathers were first cousins themselves, a genealogical nightmare for second marriage each. It was an icy cold "Obrigada" I got on that very hot day as Fielita marched down the hill mumbling to herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment